Krewe of Omega 2024 Poster Contest
Krewe of Omega Poster Contest
The Krewe of Omega, Hammond is opening a design contest for the poster that will publicize the 2024 Krewe of Omega Mardi Gras Ball and Parade. The winning artist will receive a $200 cash prize and two tickets to the Mardi Gras Ball (must be 18 to attend the ball but do not have to be 18 to enter the contest). Additional recognition will be awarded through social media outlets and press releases. Entries must be submitted on the Hammond Regional Arts Center’s website at www.hammondarts.org/poster-contest. There is a $10 submission fee. Entries are due Friday, October 20, 2023, and will be judged by artist members of the Hammond Regional Arts Center, along with the 2023 Krewe of Omega poster designer. The winning design will be announced in early November 2023.
- Design for an 18” x 24” poster with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi.
- Provide contact information including artist’s name, address, email, and telephone number.
- Due Friday, October 20, 2023 at 5:00 pm, along with the $10 submission fee
- Acceptable file formats are .JPG, .JPEG, .PNG, .PDF.
- Use RGB colorspace only.
- Submit entries digitally online at www.hammondarts.org/poster-contest by Friday, October 20, 2023 at 5:00 pm.
- No more than two (2) entries per artist.
- Anyone may participate. No age limits. No artistic background is required.
- All entries must be an original design with no syndicated, copyrighted, or clipart images.
- No artist’s signature(s) on the poster.
- Poster content must include the following text:
- Krewe of Omega
Mardi Gras Ball
January 20, 2024
Chesterton Square, Ponchatoula
- Mardi Gras Parade
February 2, 2024
- Tickets and Information: www.kreweofomega.org
- Poster must also include your own interpretation of “Alligraw,” the Krewe of Omega’s beloved mascot (an alligator wearing a jester hat).
- Krewe of Omega
- The Krewe of Omega reserves the right to accept or reject all work submitted during this competition.
The Krewe of Omega and the Hammond Regional Arts Center accept no liability for artwork that is not uploaded correctly.
- Quality of design
- Creativity and originality of the artwork
- Visualization and interpretation of the Krewe of Omega Mardi Gras Ball & Parade
The winning poster will become property of the Krewe of Omega. The artist will retain the design image copyright, but the Krewe of Omega reserves the right to unlimited reproduction and use of the image and/or parts of the image for promotional purposes. The artist may not reproduce the poster or individual elements of the poster for other poster designs, venues, or profit. The winning artist will be asked to sign at least one copy of the poster.